Roxxe CD protection is a brand new combination of hardware and software protection that makes it impossible to run software from illegally copied CDs.
Like most of the available protections Roxxe meets the following basic requirements:
- The original software is modified so that it will not run, without the specific action of the guard module.
- The guard module recognizes the original CD-ROM, without this detection the application will not run or will run under considerable restrictions.
- Physical key is present on the CD-ROM. This key is not reproducible, either by disc copying using a CD writer or professional remastering to a silver CD.
Nowadays Roxxe can be used to protect software, that:
- is distributed on CD-ROM – ISO 9660 / Joliet
- works under systems Windows 3.x / Windows 9x / Windows NT / Windows 2000
Protected software can be created under various development environments: C++ / Delphi / Macromedia Director / Multimedia Toolbook / …, while protection can be implemented at various levels, depending on customers' requirements and their options.
The communication with a customer can have the following form: the customer interested in CD protection, provides basic information on their software. Then the most effective method is selected. Customer receives instructions, how to conceal the calls to the guard module, to hide it against unauthorized persons, and to make it irremovable from software code. Check of physical key can be executed in many different ways, so that after breaking one method of protection the original CD is further protected and illegal running of application is recognized.