Includes New MUSICMATCH Radio Stations and Commercially Available Radio MX
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2001--MUSICMATCH® Inc., a recognized leader in providing personalized music software and services and inventor of the world's first digital music jukebox, today introduced the gold version of its latest award-winning MUSICMATCH Jukebox(TM).
The new MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus, downloadable now at www.musicmatch.com, now offers the industry's most powerful and flexible CD burning system.
The newest MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus is the only jukebox software with multi-task and multi-session burning, giving fans the power to quickly and easily mix and burn custom CDs while working on various projects, like word processing and surfing the Web. This new system also provides the broadest media support through hundreds of CD-R and CD-RW drives and multiple formats, including 80-minute and credit-card size CDs.
Since its beta introduction earlier this month, MUSICMATCH Jukebox has received an overwhelmingly positive response. In a recent survey, 90 percent of beta testers said they would recommend MUSICMATCH Jukebox to a friend. According to beta tester Todd Cribb of Kansas City, Mo., "My days of dealing with clumsy plug-ins for other jukeboxes to burn CDs are over. MUSICMATCH Jukebox has bridged the gap between MP3 management and CD recording... Making favorite party CDs has never been easier."
"We've created our own robust CD burning system that gives fans the flexibility and ease they're looking for," said Christopher Allen, senior vice president of product marketing at MUSICMATCH. "That, combined with our enhanced music library, makes it even easier for fans to enjoy their favorite music."
The Most Complete Personal Music System
MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus is the only all-in-one digital jukebox to offer its core personalization technology, complete jukebox capabilities and personalized music services in one program. While learning from listeners to deliver the right music at the right time, MUSICMATCH Jukebox gives music fans everything they need to play, record, burn, organize and discover music with the following new features:
- Improved file management and display in new Music Library -- Offers ability to view tracks by Album Art, quickly search though files alphabetically with just a few keystrokes, and automatically add newly downloaded and ripped tracks to the Music Library.
- Visualization editor and new designs -- Includes the latest versions of the popular G-Force and Whitecap visualizations, as well as a new Visualization Editor that puts the color, rotation, speed and design in the hands of music fans.
- Support for the most popular portable MP3 players -- Provides support for all the popular portable devices, including the Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox and Diamond S3 Rio 800.
MUSICMATCH Jukebox also includes MUSICMATCH Radio, which now offers a My Favorite Stations folder where listeners can save the radio stations they listen to most. MUSICMATCH introduces three new stations for music fans in May, with additional stations planned every month. New stations include:
- Blues -- Boogie woogie fans will enjoy this station full of Blues favorites from the likes of Eric Clapton, BB King, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson and other Blues gods.
- Semisonic's Picks -- Semisonic fans can hear the band members' favorite songs from the band itself, as well as music from their favorite artists like Radiohead, Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, U2 and more.
- Trip Hop -- This station is full of mellow, ambient sounds based on, and including, music from Massive Attack, Tricky, Hooverphonic and others.
MUSICMATCH Radio has become one of the most popular Internet radio services, reaching more than 750,000 unique visitors and logging 2.8 million aggregate tuning hours in April 2001.
MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus is also the gateway to Radio MX(TM), the industry's first near music-on-demand, CD-quality streaming service. After a successful pilot program introduced early this month, Radio MX is now commercially available to the public. Built on the popular MUSICMATCH Radio platform, Radio MX service offers a unique combination of personalized radio, professional programming and an almost unlimited choice of Artist Match stations.
Pricing and Availability
MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus can be downloaded at www.musicmatch.com for $19.99. For a short time, MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus 5.x and earlier customers can purchase the new MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus for $9.99. MUSICMATCH Radio MX is available through both MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus and Basic (version 6.1 required) for $4.95 per month, including a 14-day free trial.
MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus for Macintosh and MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus for Linux are also available for download at www.musicmatch.com.
About MUSICMATCH Inc.
MUSICMATCH Inc., founded in 1997 and based in San Diego, is a recognized leader in developing personalized music software and services that let people find and listen to the music that best matches their unique tastes. The company invented the digital music jukebox in 1997; since then has registered more than 18 million users of its MUSICMATCH Jukebox software program. MUSICMATCH Jukebox is the world's most popular jukebox software program, used each month by more than four million people in the U.S. and more than nine million people worldwide. MUSICMATCH is a privately held company with significant investment from Intel Capital, Redpoint Ventures and Thomson Multimedia. For additional information on MUSICMATCH, visit www.musicmatch.com.